Hand Painted Princess Furniture

This sweet furniture made by Disney it'self had all the wonderful accents but they were so plain. My client wanted it to truly look like it was princess furniture. I think we achieved it!! She said go big and work your magic. This was so much fun and so less like work. It took a ton of time a lot of attention to tiny details but I take you step by step in the post!! Be sure to check it out!!
hand painted princess furniture, painted furniture, painting, repurposing upcycling
Here is the before... sad and all white.. Yes still beautiful but wait....
Sherwin Williams Fussy Pink and Reverie Pink were the base and accent colors used.
Zebra stenciling, harlequin stenciling, Modern Masters Pharaohs Gold accents and Maison Blanche Paint Company's Pearl Gold Accents made a fun statement on this piece.
Look at those zebra drawers.
Beautiful close up of the gold details and the pearl gold organza that shimmers on top!!
Lots of fun accenting using Martha Stewart's Pearl and Glitter Paints.
This is a peek at her room and her beautiful velvet day bed.
This set was made for princess and hand painted out to fit for princess!!

To see more: http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/?p=3508

• Kin4356769

Disney Princess bedroom set. Hello, my name is Kathryn. As you can see in my photos, I have the same Disney furniture that you highlighted. I have the nightstand and the bed...headboard, rails, and footboard. This is my first attempt at painting furniture. I'm thinking I should've started with something a bit more plain. Anyway, I have 2 questions. First is regarding the pearl finish. Did you paint everything, then use a pearl glaze? Or was the pearl already in the pink paints? I'm asking because I cannot find a pearl finish or glaze anywhere. The 2nd question is about the finish. When you were done with all the details, did you apply any type of clear finish...either matte or semi? Thanks for your time and thank you for any pointers you can help me with! Mine pales in comparison to yours...you did such a great job! Thanks again! Kathryn

, This is the same nightstand that you painted so beautifully Instead of the dresser I have the bed This is the headboard it s about 75 complete It includes the side rails and a decorative footboard which has the same ribbons flowers and beads as the headboard, A close up of one of four toppers Two on the headboard and two on the footboard, A bigger picture of the headboard
    • Katherine

Kathryn, that's pretty remarkable for your first attempt at painting furniture! I'm really impressed! You go, girl!

• S.B

Where did you buy the stencil for the headboard? And was it more than 1 stencil?

• Novella Pfeiffer

Michaels Craft Stores sells it in combination with other animal stencils on their website and in their stores

• Jamie

This is amazing! How did you paint all that gold trim and detail so perfectly?!

• Bab28001667

I wish I had that for my girls. Beatiful job they look amazing
  • LibraryKAT

Too fancy for me, but what a wonderful job you and the other commenters did! I think I know why Disney markets this in basic white; they could never hope to match your creative transformations. Each one is unique to the maker. Thank you for sharing. :-)