Sow and Dipity
Sow and Dipity
  • Canada

How big can you grow!

This guy ( Gunnera Manicata) gets pretty big every summer....so this year I decided to take pic's as it grows. I dated each pic.
August 11- Thought I better get this picture as it's starting to decline (notice the big hole?) The heat of summer is taking it's toll. Is this not one cool plant or what? :)
March 25th- I have a couple of Canadian geese that like to hang out in my yard every spring....he's walking in front of my Gunnera who's safely tucked away under his own leaves that I pile on every fall to protect him in winter.
April 27- The first leaves are coming up...I've removed the protective covering and placed my hoe in front of the pile to give you some perspective.
May 26th- Starting to put on some size....this is one months growth.
Sow and Dipity

• Bernice H

wow Shelley , thanks for posting..with a plant like this one,,,,you only need ONE!

• Teri

I have had a Gunnera for many years now. It's one of my favorite plants. Living in Washington State we get lots of rain in which they love, so it grows big. I teach casting cement leaf classes each year and use the leafs for my class. It doesn't seem to mind.

, Gunnera cement leaf I made It took two to move it