Jennifer Decorates
Jennifer Decorates
  • Murfreesboro, TN

Halloween Decorations - Take a Realistic and Cool Makeover!

How I took a fake plastic cauldron and turned it into one that looks totally real!
halloween decorations take a realistic and cool makeover, halloween decorations, seasonal holiday decor
How great does this look? I honestly think it looks so much better than I thought it was going to!
I purchased my cauldrons on-line, but when I received them, well leaving well enough alone just isn't me.
I am a huge Rust-oleum fan! I purchased the "Stone Texture" spray paint, and wow, was it fun to use! It shot out little specks of something along with a gorgeous color. It turned out so cool!
After it dried, I took a black can of spray paint, and very very sparingly adding a coat over the "Stone Texture". This just blended everything in beautifully. The trick to faux painting anything is adding enough layers of color and texture to make it look real!
I placed a beautiful colored mum in the cauldron, and placed it at my back door. Now, this witch is very proud of this easy craft idea. Thanks Rust-oleum!

Jennifer Decorates