Trying Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for the FIRST TIME!

I am finally trying Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! I have heard and read so much for and against this product for several months and decided to give it a try. I found a stockist while visiting my family in Tennessee. I have read several articles about using it and even watched a couple of video tutorials but none of them really tell me everything I need to know. Here are a few pictures as I get started on this project. Wish me luck!
This is what I bought, Duck Egg Blue, French Linen and Old White, clear wax and dark wax, a waxing brush and a Purdy paint brush.
This is the beautiful dining table I am going to transform into a beautiful lightly distressed French Country Cottage style table. Well, that's the plan, anyway... And funny thing about sunlight, the legs are the same color as the top
This is after two coats of the ASCP. So far so good, right?
After light distressing and one coat of clear wax. Updates to follow!!!! Stay with me. I'm sure I will need help!

Shabby French Country Cottage Basement

• For the distressing I used a fine grit sand paper on a small sanding block. I tore off a tiny piece of the sand paper to use on the flat surface of the top. It was just enough to hold between my index finger and thumb so I had more control. I only wanted light distressing of the paint, not the wood. The only place the wood is distressed on this table is a nick in the extension insert.

• TaniaC

Hey Girl I did it I made you a button and it worked...:) Check your Email...Wooo Hoooo!