Jean Shimshack
Jean Shimshack
  • Philadelphia, PA
Asked on Aug 13, 2012

What is this plant?

CareyNichter's Home Services CorpRobin Lambert
+2

As it started it had purple under the leaves, now its all green leaves. Now it is quite bigger and small white flowers
Please What is this plant?
Please What is this plant?
  • Leslie D

My first thoughts were (1) poison ivy, (2) blackberry, and (3) really big mint...but I really have no idea. Are the stalks hairy or have briars on them? It looks like mint in the background, but I've never seen mint get this big. Any smell to the plant if you crush the leaves? (but don't handle them unless you know it isn't poison ivy!).

• Walter Reeves

not mint....but I see the mint beside it reminds me of lambsquarter but that's not what it is

• Robin Lambert

It is some kind of weed.My neighbor knows the name for it so i am asking her, will get back with ya!

• It is a weed. I remember pulling tons of them in the potatoe patch when I was a kid

• Carey

Night shade is what it looks like to me. A weed that you need to eliminate if that is what it is. I would take some to your county extension agent ASAP and find out!