Mom4Real
Mom4Real
  • Lexington, KY

Organize Your Refrigerator

It's back to school time for us, which means time to pack lunches on a daily basis. Every year, right before school starts, I try to organize our refrigerator to make meal preparation and lunch packing easier. I also use chalk markers in the freezer to list it's contents on the inner wall. Meal prep becomes much easier when you actually know what you have.
organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Use plastic bins to organize like items I use them to keep fruits and veggies separate
Use plastic bins to organize like items. I use them to keep fruits and veggies separate.
organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Use smaller containers that lock to keep lunchmeat fresh
Use smaller containers that lock to keep lunchmeat fresh.
organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Write the contents of your freezer on the freezer wall with a chalk pen It helps you to know what you have in there when it s time to plan meals and it erases easily
Write the contents of your freezer on the freezer wall with a chalk pen. It helps you to know what you have in there when it's time to plan meals, and it erases easily.
organize your refrigerator, organizing, storage ideas, Try to label everything possible I try to keep sandwich making condiments separate from cooking condiments for easy use
Try to label everything possible. I try to keep sandwich making condiments separate from cooking condiments for easy use.
Mom4Real

• Audrey

Great idea! But the labels do not look hand written. What did you use? Like for the condiments.

• Jea12268490

peel and stick letters

• Julia Jewelz Macias

I used my label maker and I even labeled the top shelf "Ronn's Stuff". It has the items only he will eat. Hot & spicy items. Jalapeño olives , hot yellow peppers, Super spicy homemade beef jerky & his fresh squeezed lemon /lime water. Sometimes I surprise him with special treats.
    • Coa16798065

What KIND of label maker is it?
  • Sandra

Where did you get your chalk pen?

• Joj21415815

Where do you find the bins for the doors? I use a similar system, but I'm out of bins. P.S. I love this !!!

• Lorraine

something spilled in my freezer..............................how can I clean it without defrosting everything ?
    • Barb in Texas

You can take everything out and put into a cooler(s)if you need to, or you might just be able to put a hot cloth on just the spill and then scrape it out?
    • Lorraine

Thank you any other suggestions also without removing everything out???????????????
    • Andi Risley

It sucks but it is what it is. Sometimes we have to take everything out and clean that's stuff. I usually try to do it in sections if possible. I don't even use a cooler. Just set on the counter. Sometimes just pouring water on it works and then clean with some sort of cleaner. Depends on what spilled.
    • Paymetotellyou

Let it freeze and chip it out or leave it there until next defrosting... depends what and how much was spilled
    • Nadine Hartman Bourne

I had this happen. My spill went under the bottom bin in my freezer. I pulled the bin out and got a bucket of hot water and a cleaning rag. Put a big towel on the floor to catch what you will slop. Once the bottom of the freezer is wet enough what is stuck on will come off. Then just dry the freezer bottom and put the bin back. It took me about 5 min. the stuff stayed frozen and I left the freezer closed for a good couple of hours to build back up it's chill. I am getting a new Fridge delivered Sunday the new one the freezer is the bottom of the fridge so cleaning a spill in that one will be interesting. Maybe I'll use plastic bins in the bottom just in case.
    • Lorraine

Thank you I will try something and let you know what worked
    • Nancy

nadine we have a refrigerator that has freezer on bottom im not happy with it its really tough when you have to get on floor to clean it out😤
    • Georgie

That is why I do not like that style. I like side by side only.
    • Lorraine

I found the size capacity of the side by side was not as good as a full width A big help to organize is to buy all my freezing containers the same size and they all fit one on top of the other and save space
    • Lorraine

Anything is worth a try Thank you all
    • MADI

I too wipe any spills and just general freezer housekeeping with a hot, wet, old dishcloth. Works like a charm :)!
    • Amy48

I just cleaned my freezer n something bad had leaked. I made a paste if baking soda n hydrogen peroxide. Spread it in with my fingers n then waited just a few minutes. Most if it just wiped off- including the half inch layer if frost. For the few stains remaining I scrubbed with the paste. Was very quick

• Nancy

Great idea i was telling my dad about a month ago the he needed to find bins from $tree to use to organize his freezer on top he just has it packed that really get my ocd aggitated 😮
  • Jo

Simple and helpful! Brilliant! Thank you!