CeCe D
CeCe D
  • Gilbert, AZ

Mosaic Table and Chairs

I purchased the vintage formica table for $20. at Saint Vincent De'Paul's. I had bought the vintage folding chiars at the antique show in Roundtop, Tx that happens twice a year. We wanted a table and chairs for the patio we added last year. After doing the mailbox I knew I wanted to revamp the table when I saw it!
Vintage Formica Table
Vintage Formica Table
Finished Mosaic Table and Chair
Finished Mosaic Table and Chair
Close Up of Mosaic Chair
Close Up of Mosaic Chair
Side View of Mosaic Table
Side View of Mosaic Table
Focal of Mosaic Table
Focal of Mosaic Table
Mosaic Table and Four Chairs
Mosaic Table and Four Chairs
CeCe D

• Kim

Hello: Nice job! How did you secure the plates to the table top? Did you have to put something on both bottom so the tile and grout would adhere? Did you seal the top to prevent water from soaking in?

• CeCe D

I used Silicone Adhesive which you find in a large tube at Home Depot or Lowe's. You need to purchase a metal dispenser gun to slide the adhesive in the slot in order to use the adhesive. I put it only on the back of the piece I was adhearing to the table top. I did not put sealer on the top. Hope this helps.

• Mardy

Thanks. I will try it.