Chawn
Chawn
  • Kingston, OK
Asked on Aug 14, 2012

what colors are best to use (paint) in a small living area...blues or greys..ideas???

ChawnAt The Picket FenceKMS Woodworks

small living area..brown at this time...changing over to tile and want to paint to make it look a little bigger...what colors are best to use...paint 1 wall a different color? HELP
  • KMS Woodworks

most folk feel that a room appears bigger if the color is lighter...the lighter the better. I just got back from a stay at a beach cottage that was built in 1903. The main living room was board and batten paneling that was fairly dark, it was on the walls and the ceiling. The bedroom I stayed in by comparison was about 1/4 the size but painted white....it felt way more open

• At The Picket Fence

I would definitely paint all the walls the same color since "accent" walls tend to make a room feel smaller. What color is the tile?

• Chawn

have not decided on tile, laminate or carpet...still trying to decide...need cheep and easy..