Outdoor Kitchen & Entertaining Area

This is our outdoor entertaining area . We started with a 16 x 16 deck outside the patio doors that connected to the wood framed gazebo. We lived with that for 25 years until about 4 years ago. That's when we started expanding and upgrading everything. The side burner from our old grill was recycled into the prep area to the right of the new grill.
outdoor kitchen entertaining area, decks, landscape, outdoor furniture, outdoor living
Main deck area.
Prep & grilling area. Gazebo was bought from Lowe's several years ago.
Gazebo with extension over bar area.
Another small eating area.
We added an extension to the gazebo to cover the eating bar area. Bar top is black granite which got too hot in the sun. The new covering has helped.
Pendant lights which match the hanging light in the gazebo (also from Lowe's).
Buffet table with umbrella. The cabinet area has a sink with running water. The stainless steel doors were repurposed from an old grill. We still need to install cultured stone to the Hardie cement board.
Pennsylvania blue stone walkway.
Looking from the buffet table toward the rear of the property
Conversation area under wood framed gazebo.
Plans are to add an outdoor fireplace....eventually.

• Sarah

The gazebo you got from Lowes, do you leave it up all year long? Is it a permanent fixture on your deck? I have seen those at Lowes, I would like to have one . I wasn't sure if it was something you leave up all the time.

• Bridget

Hi Sarah. I'm sorry I missed your post. Yes, it is permanently affixed to the deck so it stays up all year. We learned the hard way several years ago that the canvas top doesn't hold up in a snow storm. It collapsed and broke the top of the canopy. My husband had to reengineer it and it worked. If we get another snow storm we will be out there knocking it off so it doesn't damage it again.

• Bridget

Thanks Angie. It's still a work in progress. We're rebuilding the 25 year old deck beyond the caution tape in the last photo. We will be installing a outdoor spa and a fire pit area where we once had an above ground pool. Hopefully we'll be able to finish it by the end of fall. Once we do I'll update the photos to include the new area. So stay posted.

• Sarah

Thank you