Ashley
Ashley
  • Canada

Freebie vintage secretary desk with hutch.

My boyfriend and I were given an old piece of furniture that originally belonged to his great Grandma. When we first brought it home, I initially tucked it away into a spare bedroom because that's where the need was at the time. Now I get to see it every day in our upstairs hall, and it's jam packed with things I've collected over time. Before loading it up, though, I cut some foam board to size and covered it with fabric I picked up at my local fabric store. That small little change made all the difference in changing the display case from black hole to vintage show off. The cat thinks it's a good place to hang out, too.
This walnut secretary desk with hutch was built by The National Table Company, which existed in Owen Sound, Ontario until the mid 20s.
I've stocked it full of some of my favourite things that didn't have a proper home before.
Meowzer the cat thought the drawers would make a good napping spot, but now they're holding extra bed sheets.
Ashley

• Michaela Turiace

Paint is amazing when needed to prolong the life of a piece but this absolutely didn't need it and the small touch you made is beautifully done to an already amazing piece! Great job!

• Rca4567968

I almost didn't open this post because I was afraid that I would see paint. It is in such beautiful condition it would have been a shame to paint it, so glad you didn't.