Marie Arnold
Marie Arnold
  • Dragoon, AZ
Asked on Aug 16, 2012

I would love to do the cobblestone project that is posted.

M. M..Burco Surface & Decor LLC.

I would like the cobblestones to be red. How would I color the concrete? Is there a special dye for concrete or does one just paint the finished product? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Burco Surface & Decor LLC.

You need a concrete pigment, the stuff home depot sells is not any good and i wouldnt use it for what i do. Thats not to say it wouldnt work for a project like what you are wanting to do. If you are interested in making red concrete that is better than the quikrete stuff send me an email and i will put you on the right path.

• M. M..

Mason stains are available in all the colors of the rainbow. They are a dry powder mixed with the dry cement before the water is added. They are often sold by the ounce, price depending on the pigment used If your hardware doesn't have them, try a ceramics supply place, in the real world or online. Yes, they come in dozens of colors!!