Wasn't really found of the accent lamp so I decided to see what I could do to change it and this is what I came up with

I removed the shade and will use that in another project. Then I removed the hardware to hold the shade. I made the planter out of things I had around the house. A 6" wood circle plague. I surrounded it with cardboard that I got from cutting and glueing toilet paper rolls together. I then took foil and crumbled it up and then smoothed it out. Painted it beige stucco color. Covered the cardboard pot i made with it. Taking more toilet paper rolls i cut them in half and placed them inside faux pot and inserted artifical flowers. The shade is simply one of the old shades I had from my ceiling fan that died.
http://skryzdlinski.blogspot.com/
lamp shade
lamp base
redesigned accent lamp without light on
redesigned accent lamp with light on

• Myrna

Very cute!

• Elizabeth Dwyer Simpson

You are just so talented! This is just lovely! I don't want to use the word punch but I feel this is what this arrangement has and does. I'm a real flower lover! I feel that flowers even in winter are like a breath of spring. they add so much, even artificial flowers. I have friends, even at the cost of suffering painful backaches, have to garden, really have to it means so much to them. I wish I were like that! Unfortunately I'm not BUT i certainly do appreciate what others do and I'm so grateful that they do. It brings so much pleasure to all who get to see there gardens.