That's Not Firewood... That's My Funky Fall Centrepiece!

I say it every year. "I don't decorate for fall".
But then I go for a walk in the 'backyard mall', and can't help myself. I end up picking up everything under the... clouds, like a squirrel gathering their nuts for the winter.
We're talking dead Christmas tree branches, grapevine leaves, pinecones, sticks, dead headed DEAD flower buds, anything goes.
So I teamed all that up with some firewood, and dare I say, I've decorated for fall?!
Nahh... I think I've just cleaned up my yard. :)
Here's how it came about...
fall centerpiece rustic wood candles, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
This very natural, VERY rustic, and very gathered centrepiece just came about by walking around outdoors. And it couldn't be easier to make!
When the grapevines turn that glorious yellow, it's time to head outdoors to see what else died. Dead foliage is the best... have you heard? :)
Three small firewood logs were trimmed down to different sizes, then holes drilled. The bottoms were attached to a perforated pizza pan for stability.
Tip: only use very LONG candles for this craft, unless you protect candle against wood with something fireproof.
Then the fun began. Everything was just kinda piled into place until it had a few layers. The yard cleanup is officially done! And I have something on my table to show for it. :)
To view the entire process, click the blog link below.
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna