Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

DIY Dog Fence

A climbing Jack Russell was a big problem at our house until I built my own custom fence.
It was dangerous for the dog to continue to climb over the sharp fence we had before so I built a new one that would meet our needs.
The fence is not only functional it is rustic and goes with the style of my home.
diy dog fence, fences
I built a square from 2 x 4" pieces of wood using L brackets at the corners. I used a power stapler to attach hardware cloth to the center space.
Using steel wool and vinegar I stained the new wood to make it look old, worn and rustic.
diy dog fence, fences
This awesome fence is high enough that my Jack Russell can not jump out but removable so there is no commitment. The gate just wedges in between 2 walls.
A stylish dog fence that is easy to do it yourself an an afternoon.
See all the details at http://www.homeroad.net/2012/08/diy-dog-fence.html
Homeroad

• Bar33738076

Could you use say like screen door, what if you can't get fencing for here I have 4 small dogs & I really want to find someway I can make something to keep them in a area outside without any trouble any ideas Soo appreciate

• Trangler2
      3 hours ago

You can get dog-resistant screening (a little more expensive than regular). Or order a foldable/moveable dog fence from online.