My nostalgic corner; a useful idea for a vintage stove

I loved the vintage look of this stove and wanted to include it as my conversation piece in the kitchen. So I make use of it by storing my favorite cookbooks inside the oven and my vintage kitchen accessories on top.
My vintage Caloric stove
My vintage Caloric stove
Useful idea to store my favorite cookbooks
Jamala W

• Leah Johnson

gee gals, I would like a kitchen big enough to do this.. mine is 8 x 13 with cabinets along one side and the refer and shelving on opposite wall, door on northeast corner into dining room so no cabinets the last 3 ft on that side.. the range is on southwest corner with a door to the basement and to the outside.. now figure 3 or 4 people trying to get a holiday meal ready.... does not work...the rest of my house is spacious.. think they needed another bedroom sometime and put the kitchen on the back porch-enclosed it and walla- a little cramped space..

• Loie Adams

I have a 1923 Wedgewood It still works but, I retired it when I got my new stove(1947 Western-Holly) big upgrade there! Went from a oven smaller then the one you have pictured to a huge double oven. It's like moving into a larger home, don't know what room to be in...I don't know which oven to use first!! but,a killer apple pie is waiting. Love how you use your stove! Jamala. Leah, years ago I had a tiny gas stove that was 3 burners and fit in the space about 28 in.wide If you really want one you'll find it.