How to Decorate a Room for Less Than $500

I decided to move my living room around to create a warmer look for the fall/winter. It struck me that all my furnishings are finds from either thrift stores, the side of the road or Craigslist. I repurposed them all and came up with a cost breakdown. The full breakdown is on my blog post.
how to decorate a room for less than 500, home decor, living room ideas, repurposing upcycling
Here you see the room looking from the dining room viewpoint. Sofa was $100 on Craigslist, french chair found in pieces on curb, large chair in background was $10 and I added a wash to it, coffee table was appx. $15.00 from a thrift store.
I repurposed this desk I found from Craigslist in black and gold and the chair was $10 from a thrift store.
These are two little side tables I bought for $14.99 each and pushed together under the mirror to create a place for pictures, etc.
This antique chest was $30 - yup, $30!
One more of the larger chair with a rush seat. The wash really brought it to life.
The curtains were custom tailored for someone at some point and a steal for me at $3.47 per panel :)

The Painted Drawer by Suzanne Bagheri

• Joyce brown

Smart lady. I haven't any talent but cooking and baking. But I can appreciate a loving home

• J

absolutely love it!!!!!!!