Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Transform Your Room with Faux or Wood Blinds-We Did!

My wife came to me and said we were changing all our roller shades to 2 inch faux wood blinds (even though the word faux is in the description I can assure you the prices were very real). I quickly agreed to do the installation and the transformation was great.
Plus, the blinds actually work really well at keeping the light out of the rooms. This comes in handy when trying to put kids to bed at 8:00 pm in the summer!!
The directions for our blinds were not great so I decided to put together my own with lots of pictures. I wanted to share how I installed the blinds to help others eliminate common mistakes. Click this link for more info http://www.homerepairtutor.com/transform-your-room-with-a-wood-or-faux-blind-installation/
Transform your room with faux or wood blinds
Don't be anxious like me, it's easy
Don't be anxious like me, it's easy
Home Repair Tutor

• Home Repair Tutor

Nice tip Jeanette on how to keep the blinds looking good :)

• Home Repair Tutor

I agree with you Leslie on the brackets being a pain in the rear end, too. Sometimes I think the engineers just want to make you struggle, LOL