New White Kitchen (Before and After)

After having red-painted kitchen cabinets for several years (and having my kitchen featured in a National Magazine) I decided I needed a lighter and brighter change.
Red cabs and buttercream yellow walls were changed to white cabinets and khaki walls. I love my "new" kitchen and this is a testament to the power of paint. Go Paint! :0
Before with Red Cabinets and Buttercream Yellow Walls
Before - Red Cabinets and Copper Sink
Before - Red Cabinets and Copper Sink
After - White Cabinets and Khaki Walls
After - White Cabinets and Khaki Walls
Clean and simple and light...
Clean and simple and light...
After - white painted faux-brick backsplash
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Michelle Mazzamuto

What kind of paint did you use? And did you have to sand the cabinets before painting?

• Isa23080733

Oh gosh I’m completely head over heels in love with this! Your kitchen looks so incredibly beautiful! It's the perfect combination of simple and elegant! Admittedly though simplistic has always been my favourite go to style (and always will be) - what can I say I'm a sucker for a whitewashed wall and some distressed flooring! Has anyone seen the TV show Once Upon a Time? I know it's a very niche, and admittedly slightly cheesy programme but I just really love Mary Margaret's kitchen - (some of these designs remind me of it) honestly her apartment is just so fabulously chic and so to my taste! It's basically my entire kitchen goals, and the key inspiration for my new kitchen I'm working on (which is almost done eeekkk). The only thing is I'm really struggling to find some nice kitchen door handles for my cabinets (well ones that I like and that will fit in with dream design - hands up I am incredibly picky though). I did recently come across a company called Lark & Larks which I liked the look of though. Have you heard of them at all? Any advice you could offer me at all would be amazing x

• Sus9177315

This is me! I have distressed red walls and distressed not really bright yellow, but it's yellow in my cowboy room. I call it Big Bird and Elmo room. I'm looking at some paneling that looks like thin sheets of pine. I have no clue yet on the color but it won't bright, just screen porchy. I do have a question, where's all your red appliances? Do you hide those or buy all new including your pots and pans. Could you spray paint appliances? I know I don't need an answer, just curious. Thank you, your kitchen is lovely both ways. I'd think of Sesame Street whenever they're together. However, I can see why it was featured. Wow!

• Som1696993

The original red & black is more striking & visually more appealing. The make over is a good look, but just more of the same ol', same ol.