Decorate With Black

17K Views
Did you know that black is technically not even a color, but rather what you see when objects do not emit or reflect any part of the visible light spectrum? This means that pigments that absorb light rather than reflect it back to the eye “look black.”
Black is also associated with power, strength and intelligence; so if you’re trying to decide how to decorate your home office space, try accenting with black. It will help keep you focused when you’re trying to get down to business!
Here are a few of our favorite uses of black: http://blog.brightnest.com/2012/08/16/color-theory-black-magic/
  • decorate with black, home decor
  • decorate with black, home decor
  • decorate with black, home decor
  • decorate with black, home decor
  • decorate with black, home decor

Suggested materials for this project:

BrightNest

Ask a Question
      • Brian N
        Brian N Boulder, CO

I like the loft with the white beams the most. Makes me feel inspired to Darth Vadar out one of my rooms. Or maybe just the sofa....

• Kara B
          Kara B Denver, CO

I love how a black accent wall makes any colors you decorate with look super saturated. So cool!