Tyler S
Tyler S
  • Rochester, NY
Asked on Aug 17, 2012

Sunflower

ZTyler SWalter Reeves
+6

Do I need to spread them out? Or is it too late? I need help! I want my pretty sunflower to be more bigger! :)
Sunflower!
Sunflower!
  • Z

Have you fertilized them Tyler? Miracle grow works wonders, but not sure how big they'll get this late in the season though. When did you plant them?

• Ann S

Sunflowers can grow over 6' tall & taller. If there is more than one there you might want to at least split them up to give them room to grow. They need at least be a foot apart. I put mine by a fence so could tie them up for support! It is kind of late for them but with the weather we have had, they might get a chance to bloom this yr, if not this yr try again next yr. the birds will love them! But lets see what others say about it to before you do anything.

• Walter Reeves

I think Becky and Ann are on the right track.....they probably won't bloom where they are (unless you clip off 3-4 of them) and splitting is iffy this late in the season. Try one or the other and let us know what happens!

• Tyler S

I think I am going to leave it there and buy some seeds and replant them earlier! Thank you for the advice!

• Z

Hey Tyler I checked our your photos on the link from your profile. Awesome work!

• Tyler S

Thank you! Did you know that, I didn't take any classes for photography. I was born with this talent! :)

• Z

To me photography is like any other art form, it's a gift. And you certainly have a gift for photography.

• Tyler S

Aww Thank you!! I have whole bunch of flowers that I took for living room but still working on the frames shopping, I am thinking like a goodwill, and then paint all the frames.

• Z

You're welcome Tyler. I hope you share your art when you're finished.