Elvira Pulido
Elvira Pulido
  • Mcallen, TX

My lemon tree is full of lemons this year.

I share with my family and friends. Lemonade time just perfect for this hot summer!
Lemons from my lemon tree.
Lemons from my lemon tree.

• Rustyrue

I have a lemon tree that bore fruit the third year and they were big and pretty. This year there were many more lemons on the tree but there were many that were small and only a few that were really nice sized?? What is wrong? Do I trim back the tree at all as it got to be an odd branch shape this year and very tall?

• Elvira Pulido

@Rustyrue I had the same issue this past year. My dad informed me that one year the tree produces many and one year it won't. I am going to trim it again in the spring and see if this will help and hopeful this year it will produce the amount of lemons it gave me like in 2012. So maybe you should trying trimming yours also.

• Elvira Pulido

Panagiota___it's a Mexican Lime, with a hybrid of tangerine. Makes great lemonade. One pitcher will take One cup of sugar with 3 lemons. The lemons are small, they don't grow too big.

• Rustyrue

Elvira...thank you for your comment...I too think I shall try the trimming and see if that helps. Happy New Year!!