Dawn Shupick
Dawn Shupick
  • Tutorial Team
  • Casper, WY

Garden Space

Transformation of my kids playhouse into a garden shed and garden space!
I call this my Junk Garden, I have tried to do as much as I can from free, thrift-ed, or cheep materials to make my space a true extension of who I am, things I love, and creative ideas!
pallets garden shed space, fences, gardening, outdoor living, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
Fencing going up around the new garden area. We have three dogs and one thinks tomatoes and peppers are toys so it was important that I enclose the area!
All of the picket fencing was given to me by a family that was tearing it down and hauling it to the dump! I just painted it white (left over paint from our house trim)!
After putting up the fencing the gate blended in and didn't give the space much of an entry! So I decided to make a trellis for my cucumbers to clime over the entry!
I took two old wooden ladders apart, attached them at the top with a wood shutter, made a raised box from scrap pickets for the cucumber plants, attached the trellis to the fence and the raised box! Creating a great garden entrance.
Here is the garden area all junked out! See more of my posts for pictures beyond the entrance of my Junk Garden!

• Michele Pappagallo

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ladder/shutter trellis. what a great way to reuse old materials! The whole garden is very cute and I bet you will get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it. Great job!
    • Dawn Shupick

Thank you!! I loved that garden area. I have since moved and left the shed behind but still have all the decor, fencing, and the ladder/shutter trellis 😉. Life has been busy but I hope to eventually get a fun new space.

• Douglas Parker

Wow. It looks great.