Brandi
Brandi
  • Atlanta, GA

How To Hang A Wall Object With Two Hooks

I purchased this wall hook from Garden Ridge to use in the bathroom, for my kids to hang their towels on. Once I got home, I realized hanging it would be a little tricky! Ugh... the dreaded "two hook" back!
I realize there is a more technical way to hang this.  I am neither technical or patient, so this is what I did!
I realize there is a more technical way to hang this. I am neither technical or patient, so this is what I did!
I tore off a few sheets of paper towels the same length as my hook (select-a-size paper towels work best).  *Be sure to place the paper towels level with the top of your wall hook.  Then using my screwdriver, I marked a spot on the paper towel for each hook.
I tore off a few sheets of paper towels the same length as my hook (select-a-size paper towels work best). *Be sure to place the paper towels level with the top of your wall hook. Then using my screwdriver, I marked a spot on the paper towel for each hook.
Hold the paper towel in place with a piece of tape.  Then tighten the screws into the wall on the marks you created with the screwdriver.
Hold the paper towel in place with a piece of tape. Then tighten the screws into the wall on the marks you created with the screwdriver.
Make sure the screws are nearly flush with the wall, otherwise there will be a gap in between the wall and the hook.
Next, remove the paper towels.  Now that your screws are up, you are ready to hang your hook!
Next, remove the paper towels. Now that your screws are up, you are ready to hang your hook!
You're done!  Simply hang your hook on the wall (or in my case, the door) and stand back to admire your handiwork.
You're done! Simply hang your hook on the wall (or in my case, the door) and stand back to admire your handiwork.
Brandi

• Lisa House

Thanks for sharing, going to try this tomorrow!

• Entielle

You could do the same thing with a piece of masking or painters tape. It's a great way to get the measurements right.