Angela A
Angela A
  • Lula, GA

Muscadine Harvest is in!

The size of the "grapes" this year are really nice! These are from my best friends dad's house....I have a vine at my house, but mine isn't mature enough yet to grow these nice size fruits! We picked a 5 gallon bucket full today and I am getting ready to make YUMMY jelly! It's my favorite of all the jellies I make! I only use the purple ones to make jelly b/c they make such a pretty color, but I pick the golden ones to "munch" on! The golden ones actually have a tad bit sweeter taste too! YUMMY!!
turned out with such a beautiful color!! I'm a proud mama!! LOL
:-D
:-D
26 jars, 3 batches...not bad!
26 jars, 3 batches...not bad!
That's what I'm talkin' bout!!
That's what I'm talkin' bout!!
HUGE grapes this year!
HUGE grapes this year!
yum!
yum!
they have such a good sweet flavor!
they have such a good sweet flavor!

• Susan S

Hey Angela - thanks for sending me over here. Didn't know Muscadine was a type of grape!! They are huge and the jelly looks beautiful. That is the ultimate when your kid asks if it "your" jelly! He'll never like store bought for sure!!

• Bootsie Nores

You need to make some Muscadine wine. It's just as good as the jelly. Your jelly came out real nice.