Who Else Hates Sawing PVC Pipes?

I found my new favorite PVC pipe cutting tool at the Home Depot this weekend. Let me tell you, it's way better at cutting PVC than a hacksaw. If you're doing a vanity installation or kitchen plumbing project you should think about buying this pipe cutter. It will allow you to trim PVC in less than a minute versus several minutes of endless sawing.
Also, don't make the same mistake I did (and seem to always do). Anytime you have to buy PVC pipe kits for plumbing projects make sure to buy a few extra nuts and washers. They're $1, but a trip back to the Home Depot is time consuming and expensive when gas is $4 per gallon.
Finally, never buy a pack of PVC pipe parts that's already been opened. I will bet $100 that someone took it back because they needed just a plastic washer or one other piece that you need for your own project. Arrrgghhhhh! This really makes me hot under the collar, especially when the hole is in the back of the bag and you don't see it because it's covered with clear tape.
Let me know if you have any tips of your own. Share them so we don't have to listen to the same Classic Rock songs while driving back and forth to the hardware store :)
Jeff
Click this link to check out my blog at www.homerepairtutor.com.
PVC Pipe Cutter-You need this if you're cutting PVC pipe, trust me here!
This tool is super simple
Never buy a bag of PVC Pipe Parts that has been opened!

• Home Repair Tutor

Thanks Gary for answering Sheila's question :) You got to it faster than I could.

• Pat

Hi! Can you help me? Our washing machine standpipe is PVC. I bought a new washing machine but the new machine comes with a discharge hose that is too short to reach my 5 ft high standpipe. I am thinking of sawing the standpipe down, but it is attached to the wall. Is my idea crazy? If not, how in the world do you cut it if it is attached to the wall?