Stacked Stone Bird Baths

$0

Stone leftover from another project and three galvanized trash can lids become a bird bath grouping! Another of my "use what you have" ventures. More pictures and directions on https://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-project-stacked-stone-bird-baths/

Stone leftover from another project and three galvanized trash can lids become a bird bath grouping! Another of my "use what you have" ventures! More pictures and directions at http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com
Start by building a base. Add one level at a time while keeping it fairly level. This takes a few tries to keep it level and sturdy.
When the stacked stone is the height desired, add the galvanized lid. One down and two more to go!
The lids I had were different sizes so I made the bases larger or smaller to fit the lid. Also vary the heights to add interest.
Here's the tallest one filled and ready for customers!
Save out some stone to put in the top of each lid as a landing place for birds, to keep the lid in place if a larger bird or squirrel comes calling and for looks!

• Trash can lids  (in the garage)
  • Blue rock stone  (leftover from a project)

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Everything Red For Canada Day
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Barb Rosen

• Bernice H

Hi barb! I love this idea. How often do you clean/ change the water? I have never had a bird bath. Interestingly, I have hummer feeders-the big birds also like the sugar water,so I had to enlarge some of the holes so they could drink also. Everyone gets along!

• Barb Rosen

I find that changing the water everyday keeps algae from forming and I just swish it out with an old sponge once a week or so, too.

• A

Greetings- love the birdbaths! Can you kindly share the source for bird statues? Thanks.

• Kelichko

I have quite a few of these bird statues,and got everyone one of them at one $1store of another. Check Dollar General,Everything $1,, most of those types of stores have em. Hope that helps!

• Andres

This is so great!

How do you make them stick to each other? Isn't there a risk a bird comes and tumbles the entire structure?

• Barb Rosen

If you stack the stones carefully and place a stone in the middle of the birdbath, it is quite sturdy, Andres. Mine have been in place for years and only one was knocked over - not by a bird, but a fox!

• Susan Bellwood

I love this idea, birdbaths are so expensive at the garden centers. You could have as many as you like. I know the birds appreciate it!

• Barb Rosen

They have loved ours, Susan! Just make sure that metal birdbaths are kept in the shade! Have fun! : )

• Liz Mazzie- Branca

I will be TOTALLY "borrowing" this idea!