Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Ingenious Window Insulation Tip!!!

$20

We all need to lower our heating bills, right? This ingenious window insulating tip might just be your next weekend project. The total cost is less than $20 and takes about 20 minutes.
Here's the tip: use bubble wrap.
I know what your'e thinking, the window will look awful.
The bubble wrap actually doesn't look all the bad.
And it provides double the insulation when combined with plastic window film.
If you only do this for your really bad windows or the ones in the basement I'm willing to bet you'll save a ton of money.
Plus feel warmer, haha.
For a complete tutorial and video check out my post :D
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jeff
windows insulation tip weatherize frosting, home maintenance repairs, how to, windows
We all need to conserve energy and insulating old windows is a stellar way to do it.
Apply double sided tape (comes with plastic film kit) to window frame. Add two successive layers.
Remove tape closest to window.
Apply bubble wrap to tape.
Remove second layer of tape and add plastic window film.
Home Repair Tutor

• Eroque022810

Can you reuse bubble wrap so that it's ready for the next year?

• Mollie Cordero

how do you take the tape off in the spring when we want to open windows?
    Rubbing alcohol?
  • Judy

When you remove the plastic after the winter season, will it leave a sticky mess on the window frame? Please tell me the truth, thank you. Judy.
    • Judy

ALSO - go to the bottom of this page, and it shows you the idea of using angel wrap on your windows, to prevent cold air, or drafts in the winter. J.