Make Old Gate Window Screens! Minus the Pet Hair.

Got pets? That shed lots? Me too.
For that reason, I desired to try and create window treatments that weren't fussy.
Luckily, inspiration hit! Using a privacy screen from a thrift store and adding some pine, old gate screens were born!
And no pet hair in sight. :)
Here's how I did it...
let the sun in with old gate window screens, diy, home decor, how to, windows, woodworking projects, The gate inspired window screens flank the big picture window in the living room They re big but don t overpower the room due to being slightly folded up and white It s the first thing visitors notice when they come for a visit
Instant cottage charm at your service! These old gate styled window screens help enhance this large picture window, without overpowering it.
let the sun in with old gate window screens, diy, home decor, how to, windows, woodworking projects, The screens started as your traditional japanese styled room dividers I found at the thrift The concept worked great but I wanted them to reflect me moreso
The screens started as your traditional japanese styled room dividers I found at the thrift.
The concept as is worked great! But I wanted them more my style.
let the sun in with old gate window screens, diy, home decor, how to, windows, woodworking projects, I air nailed pine tongue and groove onto the screens then trimmed the tops
Pine tongue and grove strips were air nailed to the privacy screens, then styled with some cross sections as shown.
let the sun in with old gate window screens, diy, home decor, how to, windows, woodworking projects, The end result is a pretty cottage styled accent that would suit most any decor AND they are easy keepers for homes with pet hair just sayin
The end result is pet hair free, beautiful window treatments!
And my cats still love me. :)
Click the link below for the full tutorial!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Lori

That is ingenious and great looking too.

• Possumsu

Be still my heart! i've been looking for some idea that would cover my large picture window besides drapes or shades. They will even match my decore ! Too bad my windows are almost as high as the wall so I will probably make mine flat on top and not have the lovely swag as you have. Thank you for a womderful solution.