Cottage Kitchen Makeover (budget DIY style)

When we parted ways with our contractor, it was up to my husband, my dad and I to put a kitchen together with very little money! This is what we came up with :)
We added lots of cabinets, counter top and a pantry to a wall that was previously empty.
Kraftmaid cabinets were installed by my dad and I.
All the forest green is gone! Yay :) Everything is new from the wall out and we spent as little as possible.
cottage kitchen makeover budget diy style, diy, home improvement, kitchen design
A look at what we had to work with. Worse then nothing. LOL!
Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage

• AJ H

I Love that plate rack where did you get it?

• Vicki Prullage Murray

Me too!!! I haven't seen anything like it...Love it!!

• Age7768895

Georgeous, fresh, charming! But where did you get this plate rack?
  • Mimi Duck

Wow! What a miracle makeover!! My kitchen isn’t so bad, but it is small & the layout is similar. Do you have a room diagram with measurements? I’m sure I’m missing something, but I’m having trouble following the befores & afters wall by wall. For example: You show a photo of the entire kitchen before. Do you have an after photo that was taken from the exact same place? Thx

• RhondaForsyth

Love
  • Beth

Y'all did a stellar job! As a retired interior decorator, may I make a few suggestions? (1) If you paint two wooden furniture feet to match the hutch and put them under the front edge, it will look more like a piece of furniture and less like a cabinet. (2) The plate rack, that your readers and I am all in love with, would really stand out more if it were spray painted the same metallic finish as your window frame and cabinet hardware. Lastly, (3) what do think about sewing a fabric "awning" for over the kitchen window of vertical stripes in the cabinet color and white? Start it at the cabinet height, and it doesn't have to cover much at all of the window. It could scallop at the bottom edge and be piped in an accent color such as lavendar or green.... I hope you don't mind my making these suggestions. Y'all really did an amazing renovation!