Thrifting In Maine

Every summer we visit family in Maine. My in laws have been working on their retirement home for over ten years and are finally ready to start furnishing the house. They are budget conscious, but want a more formal home vs the expected Maine summer cabin, so they can incorporate their "city furnishings" together with some new (and used) local pieces. I've been helping out by picking up lighting on my yardsale outings and want to share a few photos of what I recently found for them.
For more check out:
http://seasideshelter.blogspot.com/2012/08/thrifting-in-maine.html
found this great chandelier for $30 locally at a yard sale! Retails for almost $400 so a HUGE score! I knew she'd love it! It must weigh 50lbs...
Spotted this table at a local antique shop in Maine. Seats 8 so perfect for a dinner party!
Both installed in the new "dining area"
Fancy wainscoting for a Maine cottage, right?! We just need some great upholstered chairs now!

Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Danielle B

• Z
    Z

Wow great finds Danielle. I bet your MIL loves when you come to visit. I know I would! Especially since I have a thing for round pedestal tables lately.

• Leona Zentner
    Leona Zentner

I just bought some skirted parsons chairs on Craigslist for a steal and they are brand new never used by this older couple and they were downsizing, that would look wonderful with this table, lol. Sorry keeping them, but they are very high end and I only paid $100.00 for set of four.I am posting photo of them, maybe you and your MIL will like he look. You have done a great job! I have been thrifting all my life and love it!! Keep up the good work! I love the way your pulling the room together! The chandieler is beautiful great fine!!

thrifting in maine, lighting, painted furniturethrifting in maine, lighting, painted furniture