Thrifting In Maine

Every summer we visit family in Maine. My in laws have been working on their retirement home for over ten years and are finally ready to start furnishing the house. They are budget conscious, but want a more formal home vs the expected Maine summer cabin, so they can incorporate their "city furnishings" together with some new (and used) local pieces. I've been helping out by picking up lighting on my yardsale outings and want to share a few photos of what I recently found for them.
For more check out:
http://seasideshelter.blogspot.com/2012/08/thrifting-in-maine.html
found this great chandelier for $30 locally at a yard sale! Retails for almost $400 so a HUGE score! I knew she'd love it! It must weigh 50lbs...
Spotted this table at a local antique shop in Maine. Seats 8 so perfect for a dinner party!
Both installed in the new "dining area"
Fancy wainscoting for a Maine cottage, right?! We just need some great upholstered chairs now!

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Danielle B

• Z

Wow great finds Danielle. I bet your MIL loves when you come to visit. I know I would! Especially since I have a thing for round pedestal tables lately.

• Leona Zentner

I just bought some skirted parsons chairs on Craigslist for a steal and they are brand new never used by this older couple and they were downsizing, that would look wonderful with this table, lol. Sorry keeping them, but they are very high end and I only paid $100.00 for set of four.I am posting photo of them, maybe you and your MIL will like he look. You have done a great job! I have been thrifting all my life and love it!! Keep up the good work! I love the way your pulling the room together! The chandieler is beautiful great fine!!

thrifting in maine, lighting, painted furniturethrifting in maine, lighting, painted furniture