Danielle B
Danielle B
  • Middletown, RI

Lackluster lighting?

My MIL had purchased these black, contemporary iron fixtures at HD a few years back. The decision was based on price vs style and she's hated them ever since. Last weekend, after seeing the french country antique silver chandelier I picked up for her in place, I offered to see if I could remake her lights to match. Worth a shot and they were getting replaced anyway so I thought I should try.
Using silver
Before. I hacksawed off the last "tassle" that wouldn't unscrew and capped all the other screws with threaded metal balls.
After the silvering, but still wearing the glass shades and metal candles- those went next...
Sconce before- Modern and out of place
Sconce before- Modern and out of place
After a 5 minute fix- "pewter" finish is much more in line with the decor of the house.
Danielle B

• L

where can one find rub and buff? I remember it being used on the old show trading places to knock down brass shine on stuff

• Dee

Michael"s and Hobby Lobby as well as amazon sell rub and buff. Use a coupon at either store and get it for about $2.

• Dee

Beautiful make over. I would spray with a flat clear Rustoleum clear lacquer.