Kim Sand & Sisal
Kim Sand & Sisal
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Painting with Chalk Paint

This is a great guide for beginners if you've never tried chalk paint before. Chalk paint allows you to paint virtually anything WITHOUT sanding or priming your piece first! I love that! I took an old console table and walked through the process of painting and waxing.
Painting with Chalk Paint
Painting with Chalk Paint
Glazing a chalk painted table
Glazing a chalk painted table
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Wax Brush
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Wax Brush
Kim Sand & Sisal

• Pam

Chalk paint on a table top..... I've used 3 coats of poly on top, but a drop of water has "stained" it. What should I be doing to actually seal/protect the top? Thanks!!

• Kim Sand & Sisal

Hi Pam. I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask. I didn't use poly. I use clear wax to finish my chalk paint pieces. The only thing I know that helps remove water marks off of poly finishes (regardless of what paint is under the poly) is salt. Pour a pile of salt on the spot and leave it for 24 hours. That usually helps on my other furniture. Wish I could be of more help. ;)