Lisa Dettloff
Lisa Dettloff
  • Grosse Pointe, MI

Upcycled Doors to Fence

Driving home from the boat and passed this house in Detroit we had to stop so I could take pictures..A good way to fix up a falling neighborhood without spending any money...very resourceful...Enjoy!
fences upcycled doors repurpose, doors, fences, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling

• Barb Rosen

That is pretty intriguing - with a little scraping and paint this fence will be amazing! Wonder how they found so many doors - they are hard to come by in my area!

• Matt Knupp

If you have a Habitat for Humanity "ReStore" in your area you can probably find them there. There are A LOT of old doors at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore at bargain prices. I'm not a fan of this fence though, I really hope they paint it all the same color and a neutral color. I think they should paint over the glass too.

• Kathryn Denny

Makes the property look even more derelict maybe if the doors were all white washed it would look a little better but I'm pretty sure my neighbors would form some committee to get me to take it down if it were in front of my house

• Matt Knupp

I agree. I would paint it all brown including painting over the glass but even then it's still something I wouldn't be crazy about. It would probably never be allowed in a neighborhood with an HOA. I truly hope they paint it all the same color, brown or white.