Katho0614
Katho0614
  • Schererville, IN

Ugly Plywood Floor Transformed Into Beauty

We transformed our ugly plywood floor in our new shop Sandpaper (facebook.com/sandpapervintagelove) into something beautiful. We used Coco and Pure White Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan and a Royal Design Studios Stencil. We then 2 coats of Annie Sloan Lacquer to seal.
floors stenciling plywood chalk paint annie sloan, chalk paint, diy, flooring, painting, woodworking projects
The ugly before picture.
This is in the drying stage, after we applied 2 watered down coats of the Coco Chalk Paint®. The plywood was really sucking up the paint so when we watered it down it helped soak into the floor.
After it dried, we used the Acanthus stencil by Royal Design Studios in Pure White Chalk Paint®. It was rolled on with a 4" foam roller.
A close up of the stencil. We liked how it looked without a full coat of the Pure White Chalk Paint®. It gives it a rustic, worn look.
Finished Product after 2 very thin coats of Annie Sloan Lacquer.
We love the end result!

• Paula N Charlie Arnold

What is the name of this stencil pattern?

• Brenda Lee Remmy Jones

Did you use the small or large stencil?

• Mary Anne

I have wood laminet I would like to try this on, same process?

More importantly, I want to paint my kitchen tiled flooring; I don't want to put the time into stenciling though. What are my options w/out stenciling the tile?

Thank you, Mary Anne :)