Karen conn
Karen conn
  • New York, NY
Asked on Aug 22, 2012

can anyone tell me the name of this plant. it started from a bulb,likes warm weather, wierd leaf shape w/ spotted stem

Douglas HuntKaren connCarmen G
+5

can anyone tell me the name of this plant it started from a bulb likes warm weather, gardening

Are the front of the leaves a solid color, or do they have some pattern to them?

• Walter Reeves

voodoo lily

OK, Walter, that sent me to Google. That plant is wild!

• Carmen G

A Giraffe Plant?! LOL

• Karen conn

hey douglas, the pic i posted shows the under side, the top side looks the same. one solid color. i have no ide if it blooms cause it only last about 2-3 mo. and dies back. one person said the non latin name is devils tongue?! walter i have a voodoo lily and it doesent look like this

Karen, voodoo lily and devil's tongue are two common names for the same plant: Amorphophallus konjac.

• Karen conn

walter and douglas, thank u both for the information.i did research w/your imput and it is voodoo lily, devils tongue, and has a few other nick names too. so now i wondered what my "voodoo lily" really was cause it is wild looking, but nothing like the plant we were talking about in my picture. well it is a arum - corntum. it has a spotted long leaf and a spike coms up from the inside of that. now i have the correct name for both,thanks.

Glad you've sorted them out, Karen. You definitely cultivate some unusual plants! You must bring them indoors for the winter in Pennsylvania.