Rustic Horseshoe Plate Holder

$0

This rustic horseshoe plate holder makes a great accessory to any farmhouse kitchen. It is an incredibly easy project and a wonderful way to display your favorite plates.
Anthropology is so inspiring. Every time I am in the mall, I have to stop in and get a peak of their amazing home items. During my last visit, something sort of caught me by surprise. I came across some really beautiful plates, but the dishes were not what caught my eye. It was the horseshoe plate stand that really had me drooling. It was a shock to me that my biggest inspiration stemmed from their display and not their product. But I was in love. I had to make one.
Supplies
- Horseshoe
- Block of wood- 2″ high x 4″ deep x 6″ wide
- Scrap wood- 10″ high x 1/4″ deep x 3″ wide
- 3 Nails
- Hammer
- Your favorite wood stain. – I used Minwax Special Walnut.
- 2 Brushes
- Minwax Polycrylic – or other choice of finish.
- Drill (optional/not pictured)
- 120 Sand paper (not pictured)
First, I used the 120 grit sandpaper to smooth out the edges of the wood. This step helped make the final product splinter free.
Next, it was time to stain and finish. I applied Mixwax Special Walnut with a natural brush to both the block of wood and the support piece. Once dry, I used a synthetic brush to give the wood two coats of Minwax Polycrylic.
Then, I assembled the plate holder by placing the horseshoe front and center on the block and hammered 2 nails into it to hold it together.
Finally, I drilled a hole through the support piece and block to avoid splitting the wood. This is optional. Then I hammered a nail through the pre-drilled spot.
I love this as an accessory in our kitchen. It turned out just as I had hoped. Since I had everything already on hand, the cost to me was $0. I call that a win!
Good luck to you if you try this and let us know if you do. We’d love to see pictures!

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Elizabeth Joan Designs