Carol S
Carol S
  • Warwick, RI

Perrenials surviving with little to no extra water -

Even when weeds have taken over the place.
Joe Pye weed 7-8' tall this year.  Reaching for the sun.
Joe Pye weed 7-8' tall this year. Reaching for the sun.
Bumble bees busy - busy
Bumble bees busy - busy
I have Ajuga growing beneath my Yucca - never know that purple creeper will show up.   I have tried transplanting to places I would prefer it to grow - but never know if it will be there next year.
I have Ajuga growing beneath my Yucca - never know that purple creeper will show up. I have tried transplanting to places I would prefer it to grow - but never know if it will be there next year.
I believe this is Italian onion - Right on schedule -
Purple Sedumm - love the colorful foliage too. For some reason this variety is lazy - it doesn't form and nice upright clump - just falls away from the center.  Maybe it needs to be planted deeper.
Purple Sedumm - love the colorful foliage too. For some reason this variety is lazy - it doesn't form and nice upright clump - just falls away from the center. Maybe it needs to be planted deeper.
This is Old faithful, it's buds are still closed up tight - that's white they appear white. Green sedumm and transplant from my late grandmothers yard.  Set right at the side of my driveway - this baby is no trouble at all
This is Old faithful, it's buds are still closed up tight - that's white they appear white. Green sedumm and transplant from my late grandmothers yard. Set right at the side of my driveway - this baby is no trouble at all

• Carol S

Aw - too bad - it could have made a nice hanging plant - hmm now there's an idea a perenial hanging plant.

• Alicia C

Sedum is very hardy. I planted a clump by my mailbox that I never water. I just let mother nature take care of it and it has done well.