Fall Decor: Glass Globe Pumpkins

$5.00

Yes, those ARE Pumpkins made from glass ceiling light globes! It's a great way to
I've been making these for a few years now, and I have never seen them made by anyone else (so I call dibs on an original idea!) I use vintage glass globes that I find in thrift shops and garage sales, and new globes that I pick up cheaply at the hardware store. Though the new ones aren't as detailed or charming as the old ones, they still work as 'filler' pumpkins in an arrangement.
The simple addition of a stem (real or faux) is all it takes to create a harvest of Glass Globe Pumpkins - I simply hot glue a wood spool or wine cork onto globes that have no top hole - and you could easily glue on a REAL pumpkin stem! I insert a branch or twine-wrapped bit of foil into the small top hole of globes, too. Easy, instant PUMPKINS! You can find more info and images on my HOMEWARDfoundblog (post linked below)
this is my original design, created in 2011 - I haven't seen them anywhere else!
Find easy steps to make your own at http://homewardfounddecor.blogspot.com/2012/08/glass-globe-pumpkins.html
Glass Globe Pumpkin arrangement on a sideboard

Deb@homewardFOUNDdecor

• Tanya Horn

Too cute, very creative!

• Suzie

I saw a post recently where they used glue or mod lodge with food color in it and painted globes like these. In orange these would be adorable with the battery tea light! You make it as dark as you want by how much food color you put on or how many coats. I'm in love with these! When is fall?? I can't wait! Thanks for the idea! Just adorable!