Wine Bottle Trays

Today I’m sharing these beautiful Wine Bottle Trays I made. These wine bottles from Protea Wines are so beautiful with etched designs on the outside so I hated to just toss them out.
I know candles are made a lot out of wine bottles but was trying to think of something unique and usable.
The bottles are so unique and beautiful I thought they would be gorgeous on a table on display and I love high and low heights when setting a table so I went on the hunt for some silver trays.
I was so happy to find this set of three for $3.95 and I loved the scalloped edges on them.
I then drew a circle in the center of the tray and enlisted my hubs help to drill the hole (or I should say holes and then he used metal cutters to cut out the center piece).
Because we’re the average Diy’er and don’t have the exact drill bit, our edges were a little rough so I added some rhinestone trim I had in my stash. I love the element of bling and it’s stretchy so it was easy to wrap it around.
Because I wanted the tray to lay nice and not wabble I used a glue stick (I’m sure a plastic ring would work well too but I was using what I had in my home, and hot glued it to the underside.
Then once it was dry it just fit right over the top of the wine bottle and created a beautiful Wine Bottle Tray.
This is perfect for entertaining and it’s always nice to have a little high and low on your table too. I added yummy cookies and candy but you could put anything on it or have it on a dresser and use it to display jewelry and more.
I love the idea of using beautiful things and repurposing them or upcycling them into something else that is functional too.
Thank you for stopping by, Lisa
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 75 comments
Next