Wine Bottle Trays

Today I’m sharing these beautiful Wine Bottle Trays I made. These wine bottles from Protea Wines are so beautiful with etched designs on the outside so I hated to just toss them out.
I know candles are made a lot out of wine bottles but was trying to think of something unique and usable.
The bottles are so unique and beautiful I thought they would be gorgeous on a table on display and I love high and low heights when setting a table so I went on the hunt for some silver trays.
I was so happy to find this set of three for $3.95 and I loved the scalloped edges on them.
I then drew a circle in the center of the tray and enlisted my hubs help to drill the hole (or I should say holes and then he used metal cutters to cut out the center piece).
Because we’re the average Diy’er and don’t have the exact drill bit, our edges were a little rough so I added some rhinestone trim I had in my stash. I love the element of bling and it’s stretchy so it was easy to wrap it around.
Because I wanted the tray to lay nice and not wabble I used a glue stick (I’m sure a plastic ring would work well too but I was using what I had in my home, and hot glued it to the underside.
Then once it was dry it just fit right over the top of the wine bottle and created a beautiful Wine Bottle Tray.
This is perfect for entertaining and it’s always nice to have a little high and low on your table too. I added yummy cookies and candy but you could put anything on it or have it on a dresser and use it to display jewelry and more.
I love the idea of using beautiful things and repurposing them or upcycling them into something else that is functional too.
Thank you for stopping by, Lisa

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Connie

How do tell do you keep it from falling over? take one cookie off the plate and its done for. with out a heavier bottom it looks like its going to fall . what did you do? love it however.

• Brayjo12

Glue an upside down plate/saucer (decorated) would stabilize it along with adding sand or marbles for weight. Lovely idea!

• Ginger Bibb

What label are the wine bottles? Love the designs'

• Sharon

What about using the decorative heavy plastic chargers that places like Michaels sell instead of the silver trays?

• Wanda Stivison

Love this idea!
  • Dawn Taylor

This is cool I just got a glass cutter and need some practice Someone gave me a bunch of whiskey bottles

I think I may try this except cut the top of the bottle and then glue the bottom half under the tray while gluing the top half on top of the tray