Curtain rods made from galvanized plumbing parts...a tutorial

I'm definitely not the first to make these, and after this tutorial, I'm hoping there will be some of you who will also tackle this DIY project. There were a few things I learned along the way, so you can learn from my mistakes!
How to make curtain rods from galvanized plumbing parts
How to make curtain rods from galvanized plumbing parts. Drop cloth curtains and string lights for the porch.
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South

• Kristen Freiburger

What diameter piping did you use? How long is it? Would you suggest larger diameters for longer pieces?

• Farrell Mackennon

I love reading on DIY projects that involve recyclables. It gives that sense of fulfilment to know that you are actually able to create a beautiful masterpiece out of a piece of junk such as plumbing supplies. I guess it just needs some effort and creative juices to transform some scrap into something usable without any extra costs.

• Marlene

Great idea. Want to try it for our man cave. Thanks.