The Kitchen Clutter Magnet: The Junk Drawer

When I’m designing kitchens for my clients, we always talk about storage needs and storage solutions. And usually, the talk turns to their junk drawer…how large should it be? Today I invite you to take a look at your own kitchen junk drawer. What goodies do you find there? When was the last time you really took a good look at the contents?
Tips for quick junk drawer organization:
1. Group similar items together and seal in a small plastic zip snack bag. Then label the bag .
2. Purchase drawer dividers and label each section. Not only will this help you get organized, but it lets you see all the contents at once…so no more guessing and no more losing.
Read more on my blog: http://www.randidestefano.com/kitchen-clutter-magnet-the-junk-drawer/
You can find modular bamboo drawer organizers like this at Bed Bath & Beyond or The Container Store
Here's your goal! An organized junk drawer where everything is easily found & easily accessed.
An all too familiar site. My Hands-On Home Makeover Clients often list this as one of their pet peeves! Read more here: http://www.randidestefano.com/kitchen-clutter-magnet-the-junk-drawer/

• Donna R

Mentally, it really does help when things are organized. Makes you feel better. Very nice drawer, Becky.

• Randi Destefano

You're right, Donna. My office was getting really cluttered and I could feel my anxiety mounting. So I took some time last weekend to clear out the clutter and catalogs I never use. As soon as I finished, I felt less burdened, and this week I've been full of new energy!