Inexpensive Update to an 80's Bathroom

We painted the laminate cabinets and countertop, updated the hardware and then we built the corner shelf thing. The final touch was to make frames that we glued onto the huge mirrors. The (furniture-grade) wood, paint and hardware cost about $250 in all.
The corner shelf unit we built
This is how awful the bathroom looked BEFORE the update
We now have brown rugs to compliment the new paint color.
We originally planned to replace those globe-dressing room type lights but they're not so annoying now that we've changed the other stuff.

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day

• Mya Glubpanny

Vastly better. I have two mid-eighties bathrooms, both with wallpaper which has been torn up by tenants. Can I paint wallpaper, and add wainscoting below? How about 80s oak cabinets. Can they be painted? I am thinking Sherwin Williams "Naval" for the bases. I want to add "marble" porcelain tile to both floors.

• Sherry R

I am planning to frame around my mirror too. My problem--60's YELLOW tile..yuck..can't afford to have it replaced but must do something to it..any suggestions?

• Marion Nesbitt

@Sherry R I love yellow and yellow-golds. If your fixtures are white, then maybe an ebony accent would give a new look. What about a fine striped wallpaper with co-ordinating metallic golden hues above the tile. I have had paper in my bathroom for years without any problem. Could dig out some wrought iron things or spray paint things from existing "stuff" you have on hand, some white or black face cloths folded and placed on the toilet tank cover, etc.

• Sinkadoodles Decals

This lady used the decals to cover some ugly tiles but I like the look it created with the bold contrasted line. Maybe you could make your yellow tile more like an accent color by doing a dark frame around your mirrors and adding dark decals to detract from the yellow.

inexpensive update to an 80 s bathroom, bathroom ideas, home decor, shelving ideas, This lady used the decals to cover some ugly tiles but I like the look it created with the bold contrasted line