Inexpensive Update to an 80's Bathroom

We painted the laminate cabinets and countertop, updated the hardware and then we built the corner shelf thing. The final touch was to make frames that we glued onto the huge mirrors. The (furniture-grade) wood, paint and hardware cost about $250 in all.
The corner shelf unit we built
This is how awful the bathroom looked BEFORE the update
We now have brown rugs to compliment the new paint color.
We originally planned to replace those globe-dressing room type lights but they're not so annoying now that we've changed the other stuff.

• Sherry R

I am planning to frame around my mirror too. My problem--60's YELLOW tile..yuck..can't afford to have it replaced but must do something to it..any suggestions?

• Marion Nesbitt

@Sherry R I love yellow and yellow-golds. If your fixtures are white, then maybe an ebony accent would give a new look. What about a fine striped wallpaper with co-ordinating metallic golden hues above the tile. I have had paper in my bathroom for years without any problem. Could dig out some wrought iron things or spray paint things from existing "stuff" you have on hand, some white or black face cloths folded and placed on the toilet tank cover, etc.

• Sinkadoodles Decals

This lady used the decals to cover some ugly tiles but I like the look it created with the bold contrasted line. Maybe you could make your yellow tile more like an accent color by doing a dark frame around your mirrors and adding dark decals to detract from the yellow.

inexpensive update to an 80 s bathroom, bathroom ideas, home decor, shelving ideas, This lady used the decals to cover some ugly tiles but I like the look it created with the bold contrasted line