Get Your Burnt Pots and Pans Clean the Easy Way!

With the holiday season right around the corner, I'm sure there will be lots of cooking, which means lots of burnt pots and pans...at least that's how it is at our house! After thinking that all hope was lost with my favorite chili pan, I decided to try a little trick that I had read about in an old home tips book. I was ready to throw it in the trash, and I am so glad I didn't ! Here is how I get my burnt pots and pans clean...
Burnt chili pot...ugh.
This method calls for a mixture of vinegar and baking soda and water.
Bring water and vinegar mixture to a rolling boil, then add baking soda and let it fiz for a bit.
Once the fizzing stops, pour all of the liquid out, then add hot water and a little dish liquid to the pot and give a little scrub to remove the rest of the loosened burnt bits.
Rinse out your pot and you are ready to go! I cannot tell you how happy I am to have discovered this trick...no more throwing out burnt pots for me! For the exact portions, be sure to hop over to the blog! You will find a treasure trove of cleaning tips and tricks there too!

Mom4Real

• Mildred Houston

I followed the instructions it took a little loose but my favorite pot is bad we've done everything mentionable a nothing will let us scrub the burnt on mess in my cast aluminum pot , don't know what to do ,even tried to burn it off. never had this happen before in my 61 yrs thought there was nothing I couldn't take care of, I was wrong.

• Heather

On my glass Pyrex dishes I’ve gotten brown on the handles and places inside . I don’t have a dishwasher but I have soaked I’ve even gone as far as using a magic eraser to try to make it go away . Any suggestions to make it look better would be appreciated .

• Maggie

Worked like a charm! thanks!!

• MATTIE HYDE

I use a baking soda soaking for all burnt pans & cast irons. Works great. For my cast irons and non-stick, I spray some olive oil in them and wipe with a paper towel and put them in storage. Keeps them in great shape for the next time cooking.