Anna @Annabode
Anna @Annabode
  • Alexandria, VA

How to Make a $10 Woven Wall Hanging--Without Weaving A Thing!

$10

As someone who loves texture, wall hangings have a special place in my heart. Sure, there are plenty on Etsy to buy--and so many tutorials on how to weave them. But if you don't have the time to weave your own (and, let's face it, not many of us do), then this DIY is for you. Read on to learn how to make your own wall hanging without weaving a thing!
wall decor woven easy hanging, crafts, home decor, how to, wall decor
Supplies
-twig branch (I found one in my back yard)
-twine
-two carpet samples (mine are from West Elm, and were $5 each)
-scissors
Use the twine to tie the the lower-hanging sample to the branch, leaving enough space for the upper sample to hang, with a 2-inch gap above and below. I looped the twine through the carpet on the back, so that the knots wouldn't show.
Then tie the upper-hanging sample to the branch in the same manner.
Finally, tie the twine to each end of the branch, in order for it to hang from a nail.
Voila! You're finished. A beautiful, modern wall hanging that cost only $10 and took less than 15 minutes to make!
For more cheap & easy DIYs, visit Annabode by clicking the link below!
Anna @Annabode

• Jelica@APrettyFix

I absolutely adore this project! Love how simple it is to create - makes a stunning statement piece :)

• Jewell Martin

In a local LaZy Boy store, they also sell many fabric choices for furniture. I found a beautiful sample that cost $50. The salesman said people buy them for cushion tops, but I thought it would make a beautiful wall hanging. I’m not going to spend $50, but at least I know what to look for. Thanks for this lovely idea. 😇