Make a Gorgeous Pillow in Less Than an Hour

I spotted this beautiful sari scarf at the local thrift store. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it until I the idea of a pillow came to mind. This method of making an envelope pillow is so quick and easy that even a beginner sewer can do it in less than an hour.
This stunning envelope pillow cover was made with a piece of sari scarf and some muslin in less than an hour.
Gorgeous chiffon sari scarf with elegant trim and embroidered medallions. For $4.99, how could I pass on it even if I didn't know what to do with it?
The first step in making this pillow was to make the base of muslin. Measure the size of your pillow form, add 1" on each side for seam allowance and cut out the square for the front. The back is two pieces, cut about 2/3rd the width of the pillow. Hem one shorter side of each back piece.
To create the sari overlay, I cut out a piece of the sari material to match the front piece and basted them together.
Sew the front to the back, inside out and then add trim if you want. The trim on the sari was so gorgeous. I cut it off, trimming away excess fabric and sewed it to the edges of the finished pillow cover.
Sadly it doesn't go with my home decor, so it will either be given away to a family member or sold. I almost want to redecorate a room so that I can keep it.
Heather (New House New Home)

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 45 comments
Next