Elvira Pulido
Elvira Pulido
  • Mcallen, TX
Asked on Aug 26, 2012

Kittens destroying my plants

Elvira PulidoKMS Woodworks3po3
+1

My daughter's 4 kittens keep playing in my plants and destroying them. Does someone have any suggestions to keep them away? Is there something I can spray around the plants? Help! My once beautiful plants are beginning to look terrible.
  • Lori J

Good luck. Depending on the plant, you could invert a wire mesh trash can on top. My sister ended up giving me her plants in similar circumstance.

• 3po3

We have an obnoxious neighborhood cat who had decided a planter in front of my house was a good bathroom. I sprinkled in some cayenne pepper and sliced lemon peels. Worked well. You have to keep doing it regularly to keep them from coming back, but it's cheap, simple, safe and effective. And there were some other suggestions on a similar question yesterday: http://www.hometalk.com/537985/help-my-cat-is-ruining-my-house-plants

• KMS Woodworks

If you can elevate them some this may help too...then spend some time with a water squirt bottle. The cayenne pepper will add even more to the party.

• Elvira Pulido

Thank you for your ideas. I guess the best thing to do is I get rid of those kittens! I am not very fond of cats anyway. I would have to do this when my daughter is in school. Hopefully she won't notice them gone!