Pallet Wood Storage Bench

In desperate need of a shoe storage solution by our garage entry, my hubby and I set out to test our pallet wood skills. We had been collecting hardwood pallets and finally found the project to use it on....
We found a bench pattern on AnaWhite (SpaBench) and loosely adapted it to the length we needed and the narrow pieces of pallet timber we were using.
Pile of scrap hardwood pallet pieces = indestructible bench for our mountains of shoes!
To finish the bench we sanded it to remove most of the sliver prone roughness but not so much as to remove all the texture. The we tinted the wood by using a diluted tinted stain & multiple coats of Matte water-based poly. Baskets were purchased from a local craft store.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Kristy @ Mystic Remake

• Krista
    Krista

what are the dementions of this

• Carol
    Carol

Would you be able to show a pic of the underside of the bench. I love the style and look of it. I would live to make one similar to this. Thank you in advance!!!!

• Liz
    Liz

What about this wood attracting termites? This my only objection into using pallet materials. After painting or sealing does this stop these pests?

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Great way to keep clutter in a designated area. Great for toys, books, clothing, etc. Leave it plain or add a nice cushion to the top for a comfy place to sit and remove shoes.
  • Karena Stetson
    Karena Stetson

Great idea for my near-future mud room. Can’t wait!