Chrysanthemum Mirror Made With Plastic Spoons

This is one of my favorite projects that I've ever done because it proves a simple fact: Pretty decor doesn't have to be expensive (and in fact, it can be pretty cheap). I made this chrysanthemum mirror using the cheapest plastic spoons I could find at my local grocery store. I glued them to inexpensive MDF wreath forms and then painted them with craft paint. Minimal cost with big impact. My kind of
Chrysanthemum mirror made with cheap plastic spoons.
I used the cheapest spoons I could find, and actually cut the handles off with a pair of scissors.  These were definitely NOT high quality plastic spoons!  :-)
I used the cheapest spoons I could find, and actually cut the handles off with a pair of scissors. These were definitely NOT high quality plastic spoons! :-)
I used just one color of craft paint for the whole thing, and simply added a little bit more white latex paint (left over from my ceiling) for each row of spoons.
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating

• Julie Bojanek Gebhardt

What is an MDF wreath form??

• Victoria Kimball Marine

MDF stands for medium density fiberboard. It's very heavy and sturdy, but more affordable than solid wood or even plywood. I think you could use just about any round flat object to make this though, as long as it's sturdy enough to support the weight of the other materials.

• Dorothy

How many spoons did you use?