Wrapped Rope On Glass Containers With Decoupage Napkins

$5.00

There is a decoupage technique I wanted to try on a rope wrapped container using napkins. I found some lovely designed paper napkins that matched the top color of containers I had gotten on clearance at Michaels. When I saw them I knew immediately what I would make.
To begin, I started coiling clothesline rope I had on the bottom of the glass with hot glue every few turns.
Going around and around until I reached the area just below the top.
Next, after separating the white layers, I tore out the design on the napkin I wanted to use and applied mod podge to the cording. Then I laid the printed napkin over the wet mod podge. I folded a piece of plastic cling wrap, gently pressing down over the napkin and smoothing the wrinkles out over the grooves of the rope.
The design on the napkin included a rope tied around the lavenders, so I tore out another piece of napkin with the bow and mod podged it over the first piece, matching lines and design.
I made cute little lavender flowers using seed beads, hot glue and wire stems . . . matching the flowers on the napkin.
I like how the ridges of the rope show through on the napkins, and the little beaded flowers that adds to this awesome look!

15 Memorial Day Crafts
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Everything Red For Canada Day
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Melody
    Melody

can you please tell me where to get the beautiful napkins I see all over the internet? I look in just about every party area I can looking for something this gorgeous but never run across it. PLEASE TELL ME... where caI get the napkins.

• Elaine Simmons
    Elaine Simmons

Would you share how you made the beaded flowers? Please!

• Liz
    Liz

Did you paint the lids?