Wrapped Rope On Glass Containers With Decoupage Napkins

$5.00

There is a decoupage technique I wanted to try on a rope wrapped container using napkins. I found some lovely designed paper napkins that matched the top color of containers I had gotten on clearance at Michaels. When I saw them I knew immediately what I would make.
To begin, I started coiling clothesline rope I had on the bottom of the glass with hot glue every few turns.
Going around and around until I reached the area just below the top.
Next, after separating the white layers, I tore out the design on the napkin I wanted to use and applied mod podge to the cording. Then I laid the printed napkin over the wet mod podge. I folded a piece of plastic cling wrap, gently pressing down over the napkin and smoothing the wrinkles out over the grooves of the rope.
The design on the napkin included a rope tied around the lavenders, so I tore out another piece of napkin with the bow and mod podged it over the first piece, matching lines and design.
I made cute little lavender flowers using seed beads, hot glue and wire stems . . . matching the flowers on the napkin.
I like how the ridges of the rope show through on the napkins, and the little beaded flowers that adds to this awesome look!

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Melody

can you please tell me where to get the beautiful napkins I see all over the internet? I look in just about every party area I can looking for something this gorgeous but never run across it. PLEASE TELL ME... where caI get the napkins.

• Elaine Simmons

Would you share how you made the beaded flowers? Please!

• Liz

Did you paint the lids?